Friday, March 07, 2008

Maternity Clothes and Sex (As in a baby boy or girl)

I love maternity clothes. It's not that I like getting bigger and rounder, but the fact that I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe of clothes to pick from every morning is super fun. With both pregnancies I have had someone loan me all of their maternity clothes in addition to my own maternity clothes which makes it doubly fun to get dressed every morning...almost like college when I had 3 different people's clothes to choose from every morning! Every day is a new day with a new outfit to wear! So much fun.

Early this week we went in for our very anticipated ultrasound to find out the sex of our child. And wouldn't you guess, they had their legs pinned together the entire time with the umbilical cord between the legs. The technician even had me leave and go get lunch and come back after an hour and our darling boy or girl still had their legs stuck together. But they are healthy, they have two legs and two arms, 4 working chambers of the heart, etc. It was a success, but we're going to be surprised at the birth. I am glad that God has given us this surprise, because I never could have waited to find out if He hadn't hidden it from us. I like surprises, but they also drive me crazy. This will be a good one!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, it's GREAT! I loved having a surprise, even though at the fisrt I thought it would be aweful. but the eal silly thing is that I was so sure I was having a boy that when the doc. said it was a girl, I was REALLY SURPRISED!

How exciting! I can't wait to see what you have!

Kara Deal

brenda said...

The shyness happened to us as well! We perservered and tried a few different times and found out, but I admire your patience and willingness to wait to find out! PS I wish we could all borrow maternity clothes. I have been wearing the same 3 pairs of pants and 6 shirts for months now and I can't wait to ceremoniously burn them (not really just pretending).

Unknown said...

I loved maternity clothes too! (Except for when I hated them because I had to pull my britches up ever four steps. SO classy!)

I loved how comfy my maternity clothes were, and how I never had to worry about sucking my stomach in. I loved it so much that I'm tempted to get pregnant right now so I can have an excuse for my doughy, protruding midsection. But if I got knocked up right now, the poor kid would be stuck with a during-the-holidays birthday, and I wouldn't do that to a kid on purpose.

As for the surprise, I'm glad you're excited and okay with it. I hope that doesn't happen to us when we get around to having another munchkin, though. I'm way too impatient and planning-oriented to deal with a surprise. My dad would love it, though. He was disappointed when my great aunt let the gender info slip when we were expecting Bennett.

Marta said...

Oh, how can you stand it?! I'm so impatient, I just would have to make up excuses so I could keep going back til we knew! :) I admire your patience!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through the blog grapevine and I am so excited I did! I will now be blog stalking you!
We waited to find out the sex with Koa (intentionally--I'm just old fashioned like that) and it was a lot of fun, I thought. However, it was so weird for us not to know that the midwife didn't tell us when he came out. I had to move the ubilical cord myself and tell Zak that he got his boy!
Happy anticipation!!

luminainfinite said...

Hi Priscilla!
When are you due?
Will you make it to the reunion?

Followers