Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Young Life

Our baby at 33 weeks

Being pregnant definitely has its ups and downs. There's the sickness, the aches and pains, the stretchmarks, the swollen feet, the sleepless nights, the uncomfortable feeling that just doesn't go away, and the list could grow longer and longer. There are also the perks...everyone jumping to help you or give you special treatment, the baby kicking and moving, the mystery of growing another human being inside of your body. The outcome is very promising, to bring new life into the world. It is an amazing and humbling and honoring process. I am honored to be this child's mother and I look forward to meeting them even though a part of me already knows them. I leave you with this verse that meant so much to me after Liam was born:

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14

3 comments:

Mrs. Rachel Winter said...

She/he will be a beautiful gift from God! We can't wait to meet him/her... We are praying for you and baby in these final days. We love you very much! :)

Marta said...

What an awesome picture! Hope you feel well these last weeks and that you have an easy and fast labor and delivery!

Jenny Wilkinson said...

Uhm, what stretchmarks? That's one good lookin' belly!

Followers