Thursday, October 23, 2008

Vote People!

I sometimes forget to send in my ballot during local elections. I am quite ashamed of it actually. I really feel like it is a privilege and an honor to be able to vote. Many people over the course of history have fought and died for their right to vote. To think that it was only several hundred of years ago that we declared our indendence is somewhat baffling. We formed this country and with it a government that is for the people and by the people. That in itself should be enough incentive to make sure you vote. Consider the fact that blacks have only been able to vote in US elections since 1865. And fellow girlfriends, you better make sure you participate because you have only had the right to vote in all US elections since 1920, a mere 88 years. Does your vote matter? Yes. Get out there, become informed, and make the choice to vote people! It's an honor as a US citizen...do it for all the people who fought so hard to earn you that vote!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

AMEN!

Reegers in Ecuador said...

Hey, girly! Your kids are beautiful! We are stoked about seeing you all soon. River looks so old, I guess I just keep thinking she should be a newborn since I haven't seen her in person. We love you all and hope all is going well.

Followers