Thursday, July 27, 2006

Leaving on a jet plane


I had to get my passport updated with my married name on it this year. So I sent it in along with my marriage license about 6 weeks ago. Every day I walk to our mailbox to see if it has arrived and every day so far I am disappointed. It's not like I'm down to the wire, but we leave 2 weeks from today. I know it will come because if you send it in with your money, it will come! Or at least it better come or I'm going to have to freak out. Liam already got his about a week ago, and we got ours at the same time except mine had to be mailed in. So if I don't get it, we'll have to revert to Plan B. And right now I don't have a Plan B, but I do know that if I need to I will come up with one.

Update - July 28
Okay, so I finally got something today from the US gov, but it's not my passport! Apparently I have to also send a copy of my driver's license that shows the married name that I am using because for some stupid reason, the marriage license and Jeb's official name change document that shows that his name is legally Bristow-Hanna (instead of just Bristow) isn't enough. I know that is kind of confusing, but it was good enough for me to get all of my other government-issued documents. So I am a little bit freaked out because the girl on the phone said there is no guarantee that I can get my passport even if I fedex overnight the driver's license to them and include a fedex overnight for them to mail it back to me. So things are out of my control as far as if I'm going to get this thing in time for my trip now! Yikes! Please say a prayer to get this passport in time! Thanks!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Im so nervous for you now. I'm praying that it comes in soon . . . and far a cookie . . . you could use a good cookie to help make up for all the worry.

Priscilla said...

thanks ty! I'm a little nervous to...but I know that if I don't have it the day before we leave, I'll just have to pay extra and get a same day passport. It would be annoying, but possible. Oh yes, and I'll definitely give you a cookie for the worry! - pris

Jenny Wilkinson said...

I had to go to a senator's office to have them expidite my passort once to ensure it got to me in time. They were very helpful and it worked.

Kara Deal said...

It woould be an honor to share with you! I am scared for you, however. You are on the same wave length as me. That can never be a good thing.

Hope all goes wll with the passport situation! And where are you going with such a thing? I'm out of the loop.

Priscilla said...

My passport should be here Tuesday!!! Just in time for our trip to Ecuador on Thursday!!! I feel relieved because I know it was completed Friday evening and that they will be mailing it out first thing Monday!

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so relieved for you! Traveling is enough of a hassle already, I'm glad you won't have to worry about your Passport, too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Concerta online ritalin 2 dvd kawasaki player portable apple credit card loan How long does vicodin relieve pain camouflage pants Offensive positions for football telephone headsets

Followers