Saturday, August 26, 2006





We are home! Ecuador was beautiful, wonderful, inspiring, encouraging, and faith-building. The camp was fabulous. The Ecuadorians did a great job with the camp. One thing that really impressed me was that some of the kids rode a bus for 12 hours to get there. That is dedication to get to church camp. The other thing that was awesome about this camp was that a majority of the kids that were there were not from church. I am so glad that they were there and were able to hear about Jesus.

I am so inspired by the tutores (counselors) at the camp. I loved to watch them work with the teens and run the camp. Because of our inability to speak Spanish fluently, it was through these people that we could see the words of faith being passed down to the teens. I believe that God brought us there to see His good work being done through others in a different language...and it was humbling and empowering at the same time to know that I as an individual wasn't significant because I couldn't even speak the same language, but I believe it was powerful because we were so united as a group of Christians regardless of language and words, our faith was one and the same. That was the beauty of this trip.

5 comments:

Jenny Wilkinson said...

I am glad things went well and that Liam did great. This picture is great because not only is the kid cute but is that an ecuadorian cow in the background? Enter that in the county fair. The kid or the cow - either one.

Aimee Jo said...

That is a beautiful thing...praising Jesus with others that speak a different language is just breathtaking!!! Thanks for sharing about your trip.

Lisa said...

glad everything went well, hope to hear more stories and see more pictures soon!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad everything went so well. And I'm glad to have you back, too!

That picture of your little man is so CUTE! More, please!

Marta said...

I'm glad your time in Ecuador was so awesome. What fun to get to experience God moving without boundaries even when we are so limited by them!

Followers