Thursday, December 14, 2006

Technology


So I was thinking the other day that when I first went to grade school, my friend's mom was the secretary and she did all of her work on a typewriter...I know this because we often played on it after school! By the time I was in 5th grade we had computers in our classroom and played the original Oregon Trail game. That was awesome! In 7th grade, we had a computer lab and that's when I learned how to type and make a basic excel worksheet. It wasn't until my Freshman year in college that I signed up for an email account. And I finally owned my very own computer after my Junior year of college. I say all this to say how quickly and how amazing technology progresses.

I can only imagine what technology will be like when my baby goes to school...power point presentations for show and tell and who knows what else.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We got our first home computer in '82, I think, it was a Texas Instruments home computer and was nearly useless, except for the games that came with it.

My dad was at the cutting edge of educational technology, with a Apple IIc and a IIe in his classroom in 1980 or '81.

I first heard of email as a junior in high school and didn't understand why anyone would use it.

Now, I'm typing this on my brother-in-law's laptop, on an open wireless network. In Boise. Surreal.

Followers