Monday, April 30, 2007



We live in an apartment complex that has a laundry room down the hall. Now there are disadvantages to not having a washer and dryer in your unit, things like not being able to do laundry as often as you have a pile of dirty clothes (every day) and other things like having to carry all your laundry down the hall and through the breezeway to get to the laundry room (with a toddler to "help you") and always having to have quarters around to do your laundry. There are also some great things about having a laundry room. One of the best things is the fact that I can do up to 5 loads of laundry in about an hour and a half because the laundry room has about 10 washers and dryers and it usually isn't busy during the week. I think the thing that I can never stay caught up on is having quarters around to do my laundry. It feels like I am constantly buying a roll of quarters and then days like today I go to do my laundry and I am one quarter short from being able to put both loads into the washer. Situations like this have been faith-building to me. Every time that I am just one quarter short from starting my load I always pray that God will help me to find a quarter under one of the washers. It's not that I don't have .25 cents, it's just that to start the laundry RIGHT THEN I need that one quarter. And for some reason, every time I have ever needed that one quarter to start my laundry, I slip my hand under the washer and find it. God is good and faithful, even if this is a small thing. I know I can always walk over to the store to get more quarters to do the laundry, but I am thankful that God has been faithful to me to provide, even in this small yet significant way. Thank you God for always giving right when I need it....even if it's just one quarter.

We are headed to the Pepperdine Lectures this week. I am looking forward to hopefully seeing some of that southern California sun, spending the week with my awesome family, and being encouraged and uplifted. I look forward to catching up with whomever I run into and the reunion of old friendships and perhaps the start of new ones too. I hope to grow closer to the Lord by the things I learn there and I want to set aside some time to truly relax and have some peace of mind. So hopefully I'll see you there!

No comments:

Followers