Sunday, May 27, 2007

Anniversary Trip

We celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary last week out at the Oregon Coast. We left the kid with the grandparents and we ate a lot of food and had a great time!

First stop was in our old neighborhood in NE Portland. We drove past our first apartments just to make sure that they hadn't changed and then went to one of our favorite breakfast joints. Cadillac Cafe. Here is me sipping some of their delicious coffee. Afterwards I had a yummy Hazelnut custard french toast with apple sausage. mmmmm.
Next we drove out to beautiful Cannon Beach, Oregon. The drive through the Coast Range is beautiful and it was a warm 80 degree day. I was counting on it being cold out on the coast but we were pleasantly surprised. Here is my man striking a pose in front of Haystack Rock. It has changed so much since I was a child. I have fond memories of playing and exploring sealife in the tide pools here. Now it has been made into a marine sanctuary so you can no longer touch and walk in certain places. And while that is good for the animals, it just isn't as much fun for me personally.Some of the sea life that we encountered. This little guy would bury itself in the sand if you touched it. Quite interesting to watch and look at. We stocked up on food and movies at the store to take back to our room. We watched so many movies uninterrupted. And we ate so much junk food. We had so much fun just being free to do whatever!

We cuddled up and watched the sunset out on the beach.


Haystack Rock again. Hanging out at our favorite driftwood log as we watched the sunset and the waves roll in.


The sunsets were beautiful. Makes me wish I could go back to this place...


We walked over to the unpopular rock that is just north of Haystack rock. We could climb all over it and look at the sealife. Although I will have you know that my hubbie worries about falling an aweful lot. He made us go back down after this point.

Long walks on the beach. Lots of talking. Lots of food. Jeb even gave me a piggy back ride across this water, Isn't he sweet!

The last night Jeb made a campfire and we watched the sunset. It was cold that night, but we managed to stay toasty by our fire. As everyone else retired for the day and went inside, we stayed out and lingered just a bit longer to hear the waves crash and to soak up our last bit of beach for we were going home the next day.
And then it was time to head home and see the little guy. We were both beginning to miss him. Look at this kid, don't you think you'd miss him too?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww! Happy 5th!

You guys have excellent taste in anniversary trip destinations!We've gone to Cannon Beach for each of our anniversaries so far. Our 5th is coming up in October, but I don't think Bennett will be done nursing yet, so I doubt we'll be able to do more than a day trip this time (assuming we'll be living in Portland by then).

Yes, Liam is super-missable.

Marta said...

I'm just about to die of jealousy! Cannon Beach is our favorite place! You did a great job describing it all... too well, makes me wish I were going soon!

Glad y'all had such a great trip! Happy 5 years!

luminainfinite said...

Congratulations!

you're both so cool.

Followers