Tuesday, June 19, 2007

One of those days

It's been one of THOSE days. You know the ones. Everyone has them from time to time. I woke up and my house is a wreck. There's laundry to do and dishes to wash. My kid won't obey. I got on the scale and it went up again. I looked at our bank account and we'll be pinching pennies for the rest of the month. It's my hubbies turn to have the car, so I am stuck at home unless I walk or ride the bus. I am in a bad mood.

But as I am thinking of all these things that are making me angry and frustrating me, I ask myself, so what am I going to do about it?

My options are pretty simple. I could sit here and sulk and be upset all day long. Heck, I could even go on strike and not clean my house. I could sit on my rear and continue to watch the numbers on the scale go up. I could pout because I have to ride the bus because we don't have a second car. I could get angry. I could be frustrated with my son all day. And although sometimes I think some of these things are the more comfortable, more self-pleasing options, it doesn't help me be who I want to be.

My other options are to acknowledge today is not my favorite and just suck it up. Be thankful for my house and clean it so that I enjoy being in it. I can try something different with my son. I can choose to eat healthful things and move a little so that I don't feel fat. I can choose to not buy unneccessary things and acknowledge that I am one of the richest people in the world and be thankful. I can ride the bus or walk and be grateful I have comfortable shoes, working legs, and a bus station nearby. I do have the power of choice about what I will do and be today.

The question is, what AM I going to do today? Will it please me? Will it please Him?

5 comments:

Jenny Wilkinson said...

You are truly an inspiration miss priss. I hope I will have that kind of attitude tomorrow when I wake up to the same situation.

Jebodiah Bristow-Hanna said...

love you honey. I feel like writing something silly like, "I know your day was bad, but just wait till I come home tonight I'll make it all better." But I know better.

Thank you for doing all that you do at home while I get to do some cool things at work in ministry.

all my love

Marta said...

Thank you for this post. It was a good slap in the face for me today. Hoping tomorrow is a happier day!

Priscilla said...

it's an every day struggle for me, people. i'll wake up one day faced with the exact same scenario and just laugh my whole way through it and other days I feel like I just can't do it. That day was one of them and I just kept having to fight my bad attitude and being mad that my life wasn't more glamorous. I feel like there are victories and defeats every day in this department.

Aimee Jo said...

Thanks for the reminder about how to approach each day. I'm sure that very soon, I'll have more and more days like that. :)

Followers