Thursday, June 14, 2007

Totally Awesome Twos

My son turned two last week. He has been so fun to watch grow and learn and develop into his own little person. I have enjoyed him so much for these first 2 years of his life. A lot of people always say the cliche statement "terrible twos", but that really hasn't been the case for me. Yes, he is getting to be very independent, and yes he is very passionate and adament about certain things, but I like that about him! Sometimes we disagree and he protests my decision, but that is alright with me and it usually only takes a minute before he is once again distracted by pushing a car or throwing a ball. The other thing about this age that I love is how much he likes to tell me. Sometimes he just says whatever I say and other times, he will yell from across the room "Firetruck! Firetruck! Mommy! Firetruck!" And he wants to share his excitement with me. I love my son and I hope and pray that he will grow to love God deeply and passionately for all his life.

7 comments:

Luke Coles said...

Cute cake. Aww the age of 2. Tyson can be so sweet and so loving at times. The screaming could go away.

Jason Hill said...

Um, nice cake.

Lisa said...

such a cute cake. I can't wait to make fun cakes for my kids!! I can't believe he is 2! and Happy Anniversary!

Marta said...

Happy Birthday Liam!!! How fun! I'll just tell you right now, whoever coined the term "terrible twos" hadn't had a 3 year old yet. We thought the 2s were a breeze. Darby hasn't even been 3 for a month yet and she is giving us a lesson in patience like I've never had before! She's still of bundle of laughs though! And I love the cake.... did you do that yourself?!?!

Jenny Wilkinson said...

Who made the cake? Love it. I was reading a book called "from conception to birth" or something like that at the book store today and it struck me how strange it was to look at the kids that can walk and talk and have birthdays and know that they started out with a tail and some flipper-type nubs. Crazy.
Happy Birthday Liam. Glad you lost the tail.

Priscilla said...

I don't want to toot my horn or anything...but I made the cake. Toot Toot! And I'm proud of it, mainly because Liam is still talking about the cake a week later. He loved it! It was so much fun to make!

Robby and Lynsey said...

AMAZING job with the cake! :) You SHOULD toot your own horn ... you deserve it!

Happy Birthday to your precious Liam!

It has been a while... how are things going for you guys this summer?

Followers