Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Whistle while you work

I have been thinking about what to write lately. God has given me opportunities. I am not on a career track or anything, but I had an opportunity to work more and I jumped on it. You see, we thought it just might be providential that they happened to need someone on Jeb's random days off each week. We have been going through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University and he is all about paying off debt. My student loans have been hanging around for what feels like forever. So, we are seizing this opportunity to work and dedicate my efforts to being free of debt! Our hope and goal is that in one year ALL of our debt will be gone and we can then focus more on our future. I haven't been able to think of something to write because I am a little more tired than before. I don't mind the working at all, in fact I do enjoy it. But with it comes sacrifice. I miss my husband and kid on what used to be family days. BUT, we both agreed that one year in the big scheme of things isn't much time. So I will press on and be disciplined for this year to hopefully achieve our goal or at least get us a lot closer to it. And in the meantime, you can pray for us.

4 comments:

Jason Hill said...

Horaay! We did FPU last year and it changed our lives! You can make it through this. "If you are willing to live like no one else, one day you will live like no one else."

Jebodiah Bristow-Hanna said...

"You gotta tell it what to do!"

Ryan Woods said...

"I've got ants in my pants"

...sorry, I just wanted to quote something too...but I just made that up. I don't think Dave ever said that.

Lisa said...

Good luck! We have mentioned doing something like this in passing before, but i think neither of us really wants to make the sacrifices that it would require. I think its great that you are so committed to it, even though its hard. I know it will be worth it in more ways than just financially.

Followers