Sunday, November 01, 2009

My new hobby

I have found a new love in life. I guess everyone has their hobbies, some people scrapbook, bake, knit, sew, decorate, etc. I have little to no interest in these types of hobbies. Maybe it's because I don't have time for them. Who knows? But one thing I have grown to have a deep appreciation for is running. I like to run. I don't know what it is about it. I like the challenge. I like the struggle between my mind and body that happens every single time I head out the door. I like overcoming something that was hard for me in the past and I like meeting new goals. I am not fast but I wouldn't say that I'm unbearably slow either. I just like the challenge of it, the struggle, and the victory. I count every time I get out the door and go as a victory. Sometimes I still walk because I don't have it in me to keep running, but even that is victory because it's better than staying at home doing nothing. I love the satisfaction of coming back from a run and being done for the day.

I ran my first 10K recently. I am proud of myself. I wasn't fast, but I pressed on and kept running. And I crossed the finish line and it felt good.

Some things I have learned about running from this past race:

1. Use the facilities before the race starts
2. Don't slack off on your training
3. Get a babysitter so you don't have to push the kids in the stroller
4. Keep it light and keep it fun, sing a song while you run

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Good for you!! I have recently found a new joy in working out and I love everyting about it! Si I get what u are saying here about runing! I am envious of where you live (because light rain is perfect running weather... in my book anyway!)and the will power you have to continue to do it day after day!

Keep on keeping on! run your little heart out! :)

LOve you!
Kara Kay

Rebecca said...

That is awesome! I think it's great you ran a 10k race while pushing the kids with you. Keep it up! You look great, Priscilla. At least you go out there and try.

seocom said...


معلم جبس بورد بالمدينة المنورة
معلم جبس بالمدينة المنورة يعمل على تقديم جميع الخدمات الخاصة بذلك المجال، حيث أنه لديه الخبرة الكاملة في كافة الديكورات الجبسية وكيفية تصميمها.
فقط عليك التواصل مع معلم جبس بالمدينة المنورة والعمل على توضيح ما تحتاجه واترك الباقي إليه، وبعدها ستنبهر بالديكورات المقدمة، كما أنه يقوم بطرح عليك أفكار جديدة والقيام بتنفيذها بدقة وحرفية شديدة.

Followers