Sunday, January 31, 2010

Unplugged

I think I am on technology overload. I tend to be a little bit Walden Pondish...not that I really want to go live in a cabin on a lake and eat plants from the forest, but I don't like technology. I am strongly opposed to video games, tv, etc. But at the same time I always get sucked into it and find these things consuming much of my precious time not to mention adding to my lack of movement. They are not evil things in and of themselves and they can be used for good, but so often I just overindulge and find myself wishing for less of them. I may be feeling this way because of the bad habits I have been forming lately. Not only have I been immersing myself in facebook, but I'll have the internet and laptop going while I watch TV any time in the evening after my kids go to bed. I get caught up on random internet searches or little facebook games and before you know it I have wasted so much time. Tonight I turned the TV off just to listen to..well nothing since I am the only one up still. And it feels nice. I feel a certain sense of peace and calm having removed the noises and all the entertainment. Here's to unplugging a little more often.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I don't think you're alone in this, Priscilla. We don't have cable due to price and the fact that we may because TV zombies if we did. It's so so easy to get "hooked". Good for you. Peace and quiet can be great. :-)

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Followers