Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fires

I am sure that everyone knows someone who is affected by the fires in Southern California. I know a few people. Thankfully, my sister Rachel and her husband just missed the boundary where people had to evacuate their homes by only a few blocks. They are just close enough to town that they got to stay at home despite all the smoke in the air. However, all of Stephen's family have been evacuated from their homes. I haven't heard an update on if their homes have been damaged or if they were just evacuated out of precaution. I read today that the winds are dying down so that is positive. But there are still many people who will now be without homes in the area. Please remember them and let's pray that this fire is contained soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm really glad to hear that Rachel and Stephen are doing okay. I'll be praying for the rest of their family and of course for all of the firefighters and the people who have lost homes and pets and businesses.

I hate seeing San Diego like this--it's such a gorgeous place, such a shame.

I haven't heard whether Dad's extended family in the area has had to evacuate or if their homes are in danger. If you wouldn't mind adding the Mowrers to your prayers I would appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Stephen and I are thankful for all of your prayers! The air is clearing around here and people are returning to their homes. I am so thankful that all of the Winters and their homes were safe. But I am also thankful to hear that so far all of the church family at North County is safe and their homes are still standing.

Unfortunately, there are many people who did lose their homes, in fact 8 families from my school lost their homes. So far as I know, none of those families have students in my class, but there are at least 2 other kindergarten classes that each have a student from one of those families.

It's times like this when I am ever so thankful for simple things, you know, like fresh air. Praise God for His generous blessings!

Followers