Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Celebrating Thanks

We are coming up on my favorite holiday of the year. Thanksgiving. A celebration of being Thankful. I think too often this holiday has become a tradition of turkey, cranberry, mashed potatoes, eat-to0-much family dinners. BUT, I think it is significant to celebrate being thankful. I think it is very Christian to celebrate thankfulness. It may be my favorite holiday because of my fond memories every year, eating the best food and seeing all my Allaway cousins and after dinner spending all night playing hide and seek in Grandpa's haymow. But as I have gotten older, the idea of celebrating thanks has truly grown on me. And I enjoy it for its simplicity...it is so much less hectic than the holiday that follows it and it is definitely something that I want to celebrate more than the holiday that precedes it. So as the day draws near, I am reminded to celebrate being thankful for what I have been given.

No comments:

Followers