Sunday, May 28, 2006

Workout Videos

I know at least every girl has tried them. Jeb used to make fun of workout videos until I finally convinced him to try it himself and he realized that they are actually hard. One fine day he came home to me doing Tae Bo Advanced and he joined in and since then he has been forever silenced on ridiculing workout videos. Tae Bo isn't any easy thing. Chelan and I made it through all of TaeBo Advanced once in college with no breaks (including the 10 minute bonus workout for your glutes & abs) and we had sweat pouring down us and when we would kick and punch, sweat would fly through the air...liters of gnasty, well-earned sweat. It's a great mixture of cardio work out and strength training! On the side, another bonus to Tae Bo is that he is spiritual in his workouts. He is always telling you to get strength from your higher power and push yourself. I think he is a Christian. While Tae Bo is the best actual workout, I think my favorite one to watch for entertainment would be Richard Simmons! There is one Richard video where it starts out in a diner and there are some big people eating french fries and hamburgers and fried chicken and then all of a sudden, a little Richard Simmons pops up out of one of their ice cream sundaes and starts talking to them! You got to admit...his red fro, short shorts, and shaved legs are pretty awesome!!! Not to mention his voice.

So if you were thinking about working out today and it is raining, like it has been here in Bellevue all week, but you still want to get that bikini bod for summer...I recommend TaeBo Advanced.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't have the attention span for videos. If I don't feel like I'm making progress I quit; so, I climbed from the basement to the roof of a 20 story building the other day . . . three times (okay, two and then 1st to 15 floors and back), and yesterday I put down sod in the rain, "stupid sod!" Now I just have to keep up things like that and my 10 mile walks and I might be able to make up for my lack of quality time with Mr. Blanks.

Jebodiah Bristow-Hanna said...

Ty, You never cease to amaze me

Lisa said...

I love Tae Bo!!!!! Its definatly rocks. I haven't done it in a long time, but it kicks your butt like nothing else. I think its definatly the best out there. Billy Blanks is my workout hero!

Unknown said...

What Ty didn't tell you was that for like, 4 days after the stair-climbing gambit, he was walking exactly like our grandpa right after he got his knee replaced. And up until yesterday he was going down the stairs in our house backwards because it hurt less.

My boss lost over 100 pounds with Richard Simmons' plan, and he's still a good friend of hers--they email all the time. He's evidently a super-nice and caring man and he sent her about half-a-dozen baby outfits when her daughter was born. But even knowing that stuff, I still think he's hilarious. Does that make me a bad person? Probably.

Lisa said...

Yes Gina. But I do love how you are always there to give us the rest of Ty's stories.

Unknown said...

I'm glad she's here to clarify too (although I sometimes wish I just had her read through everything that I plan to say or do beforehand). I'm not actually trying to give the wrong impressions, I just don't think that some things are as important as everyone else evidently does. For instance, I never even thought to include that detail because I thought that everyone would know it.

I mean, really, who can do that the first time without grandpa-ing it up for a while? The second time, today, was one less time up the stairs (no time to do more), and I'm actually walking a little more comfortably than before I did it. It may be a few weeks before I can run it;), but I'm happy with the progress.

Priscilla said...

Thank you Gina for completing the story! Ty...take it easy man...you don't have to do it all in one shot - although it does make for a better story to tell!

And as far as Richard Simmons, I'm sure he is a nice guy...but he is also an extreme nut!

I'm with Lisa, Tae Bo is killer!

tabitha jane said...

i used to break tae bo advanced up with my friend niki and we would only get through the whole thing in one week . . . broke it up into five sections or so . . . that stuff is hard!

i've gotten jon to do pilates with me a few times. i am so proud of him when he makes it through 15 minutes of the workout!!
pilates is hard for non-flexible boys!

tara said...

i have that tae bo! i have no idea where it came from, i didnt buy it...and ive never got through the whole thing...but im glad i have it nonetheless. lisa, was that video yours?! crap

Followers