Friday, October 06, 2006

I sold it on ebay!

So one of Jeb and my favorite hobbies is to sell things on Ebay and Craigslist. We go to garage sales and scout things out to buy that we can turn around and sell for a little extra cash. We have also sold so many random little do-dads that have just sat in boxes in our closet for years. It amazes me sometimes that people actually want this stuff...but I am also very pleased and it tickles my funny bone when we do sell some useless piece of junk. It also makes me feel good to get rid of all of the material items that seem to clutter our house and our life.
We made 5x what we paid for this lovely poster of a man called horse...it's crazy that people actually want this!
However, in the midst of this fun little hobby, people have grow to think that we are so money-hungry that we will sell anything ever given to us just for some quick cash. That just is not true. We keep things that mean a lot to us or things that are valuable or that are important to the family or that were given to us by special people. We only sell useless, unwanted items. Trust me...and you should try it to, because it is fun to make a small profit off of the stuff that you would otherwise be donating to Goodwill!

We doubled our money on this italian tea cart repro!

5 comments:

tara said...

heres the problem- i too have found joy in making easy money on ebay...but i think i let it get out of hand. the other day eric got mad when i asked if we could sell our bed.

Priscilla said...

that is awesome! I can relate though because I would really like to sell our couches and then save up some money for a nice newer couch! I could go without for a while...

Aimee Jo said...

We love craigslist...we just sold a car on it! We posted on Friday night and had the car sold by Saturday afternoon.

Marta said...

I always want to sell things on ebay, but I'm too lazy... isn't that just pathetic?

Thanks for the baby name suggestions... I don't think those are old man names!

Anonymous said...

Wow that is pretty awesome but what you should really do is try placing small tiny ads in multiple papers across the country and see how that works for ya!!!!

From: TV infomercial guy.
www.pandwrealestate.com

Followers