Thursday, October 26, 2006

A typical day in the life of me...


Every day, many times each day, my son gets his little counting colors music train out and hooks it up. Here is how the full volume song goes (minus the catchy little music):

The music train is on the track
Singing a song
Clickety clack
The music train is ready to go
Get on board hear the whistle blow
Red car with one teddy bear
1! We're having fun! (grrrrr)
Orange car with 2 shiny bells
1 2! They ring for you! (ding ding)
Yellow car with 3 fuzzy ducks
1 2 3! Quack for me (quack, quack, quack)
Green Car with 4 little drums
1 2 3 4! Play some more (drum sound)
Blue Car with 5 square blocks
1 2 3 4 5! At the station willow ride
The music train is ready to go
Get on board hear the whistle blow!

I go around singing this song when I am in the shower, driving in the car, while cooking in the kitchen. I can not stop singing it! I am guessing some of you out there have a similar toy story. I'd like to hear about it...

5 comments:

Kara Deal said...

When I use to hang out with my friend alley who lived down the street... she was ALWAYS watching her little sister. This sister had a toy that had many different songs on it. The one that was played most was:

Boom, boom
Ain't it great to be crazy?
Boom, boom
Ain't it great to go nuts, nuts, nuts?
Wacky and foolish all day long.
Boom, boom
Ain't it great to go crazy?


I STILL get that song stuch in my head. (Which, will now probably be stuck for the next few days! TAHNKS!)

Mike Lewis said...

We have that evil train. It's up on the high shelf.

RoniZee said...

I don't have a toy story (Toy Story!) but I do have a song(s) that gets stuck in my head. If I make the mistake of listening to the Chicago soundtrack, I have that stuff running through my head for days. I go to sleep with it pounding in my skull and I wake up to it the next morning.

Unknown said...

I had "Pomp and Circumstance" stuck in my head the entire summer after I graduated from high school. And "Hotel California" was stuck in my head most of the spring of my Freshman year at York. It wasn't as pleasant as it sounds.

I'm very susceptible to ear worms, so I'm sure all of our munchkin's toys with songs will cause me problems. That's why I'm only singing Simon & Garfunkle and Crosby, Stills & Nash songs as lullabyes--at least I'll like the songs that get stuck in my head.

Jenny Wilkinson said...

The Laurie Berkner Band has some songs that stick but don't annoy. He is almost at the age to enjoy that. I am lucky that the Wiggles phase only lasted 2 months. Now we are dealing with the songs that Lucy only knows the chorus of and sings it over and over. The first five times are cute but after that it is almost as bad as the toys.

Followers