Friday, February 09, 2007

Altar Boyz

We went to see the show Altar Boyz with some friends last night. We laughed through the whole show, it is a crack up. It is about 5 guys who express their faith through song and dance on their "Raise the Praise Tour"...in boy band style. Matthew, Mark, Luke, Juan, and Abraham (he's Jewish) sing about camp girlfriends, getting calls from Jesus on their cell phones, etc. The show isn't meant to mock religion. But in their show they also exaggerate some of the different showy and trendy worship out there and really make it look ridiculous...and in reality there is some truth to the fact that worship can be extremely entertainment-driven. Overall, very funny. If easily offended, I don't recommend it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Altar Boyz! It is such a great show! Everyone should go and see it!
-superstar4

Anonymous said...

I love altar boyz! I was laughing the whole time too! I saw it a 2nd time and still laughed!!!
~Cutekatelyn

steph1636 said...

Altar Boyz is such a great show! I love it! You are gonna want to see it again!
-steph1636

Jebodiah Bristow-Hanna said...

I loved Alter Boys 2!!! I had a blast with you honey. thanks! Hey who are thes alter boys fans posting on your site?

Anonymous said...

i love the show Altar Boyz! i have gone many times to see it and can't stop going back! it makes me laugh every time! glad you enjoyed it =)

-Allyrs

Anonymous said...

altar boyz is the bast! glad you enjoyed it!
~sbkamin

Anonymous said...

altar boyz is one of those feel good, fantastic shows. glad you laughed your mass off.
~tapkid11

Anonymous said...

Great review! Hopefully people will realize that it's not religion that's being made fun of, its the combining of religion and pop culture. I think it's harsher to boy bands than it is to religion! Definitely one of my favorite shows. ~annemarie

Anonymous said...

I've seen the show so many times and I always enjoy it and laugh and leave the show smiling! Its a great show everybody should go see it! - micmacd711

Priscilla said...

I'm glad that we can all agree that Altar Boyz was such a hit!

tabitha jane said...

nice. my sister got tickets to see them when they were in town, but i wasn't able to go . . . it looks great!

Followers