Friday, February 23, 2007

Working Woman

I got a new job. While I have never stopped working over the past 3 years...I am actually going to get paid to work again...amazing! I don't exactly know what my title will be, but it is somthing like: "On-call Cabana Person" for our apartment complex. It will mostly be weekends and evenings. I am excited about this job for many reasons: 1) I'll get a paycheck, 2) Jeb will watch Liam while I am working (so we won't have to pay for child care which also means that they will get Father/Son quality time), 3) I am on-call...so that means I can say yes or no to any given evening or weekend job depending on our schedule, 4) Commute time is about as long as it takes me to put my shoes on and walk through the apartment courtyard. Sounds pretty good, doesn't it! Maybe it isn't my dream job and it's not going to make me rich, but it sure does feel good to join the paid working world again.

5 comments:

Chelan said...

Congratulations! And hi. I covet your job. I need this too! But congrats friend, congrats. You will be a great apartment cabana girl. Whatever that is. ;)

Nice to have breakfast with you last week. I need to see you more often. 'Cause you're a GREAT friend. xoxo

Jenny Wilkinson said...

Please explain "cabana girl". It sounds a little shady.

Priscilla said...

You know what else is good, is that while people are using the cabana...I will be getting paid to sit and read a book or watch a movie in the office next door! It's almost too perfect!

Priscilla said...

I don't know why that is the title...but i think it has a lot more flare than if it were called "Community Center person". Basically all the job entails is that when people are using the cabana, i am there in case they have a question and i make sure they clean up at the end of their shin-dig and lock up.

Jebodiah Bristow-Hanna said...

its about time you started pulling your weight around here!

Followers