Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!


Love is in the air today. I went to the grocery store early this morning to buy my son's Valentine's day gift. I carefully picked out a cellophane balloon and a $.99 box of chocolates. My son really loves candy, and especially chocolate, but I don't want him to eat a ton. So I figured the 4 chocolates in his little Valentine heart would suit him fine. And he did love it! But I am not writing this to talk about my son, I am writing this to talk about the love that was in the air at Safeway. It was 6:45 am and there was a thick line of men lined up at the only register open...and they had their flowers and chocolates in hand for their Valentine. I hear a lot of people saying that they think chocolates and flowers are cliche' for Valentine's day, but personally I think it is sweet. So maybe he didn't make a homemade card and write sonnets along with burning a CD of love songs, but I just think it's sweet that they are showing love in the way they know how. Maybe it is predictable...but it is a way of expressing love to another person. So my Valentine doesn't do the chocolates and flowers...he's way more creative than that...but I just want to say that even if that was all he did for Valentine's Day I would appreciate it just the same. Happy Valentines Day people.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hey, Pris! What church are you guys at? It would be fun to be neighbors! Wish us luck. I mean, pray for us! It's exciting to know that we will actually end up somewhere and settle down... again. I always figured we'd be in Gresham for a long time... We shall see!

Priscilla said...

We are in Bellevue. Woodinville is one of the closest cofC's to us. Jeb hangs out a lot with the Woodinville youth minister. Keep us posted on where you end up!

Lisa said...

Pris, im sorry this has nothing to do with your post, but i was wondering if you got Jauna and, crap, i can't remember her husbands name... she used to be Jauna Marcum, she grew up in QUito, her parents are still there, if they are working with your church camp in Cayambe? I heard they were going to a camp near Quito, and I immediately figured they got hooked up with you. We know them from AIM. Anyways, just wondering.

Priscilla said...

Lisa, Yes, we did hire Jauna and Justin to work with us. They are actually up here in bellevue right now for the next 6 weeks just getting to know our church before we send them to Ecuador. We LOVE them...were you in the same AIM class or something?

Followers