Sunday, January 20, 2008

Home Sick

We are staying home from church today, Liam and I. He is sick. He woke up last night having all sorts of horrible croupy symptoms. He sounded like a dog barking when he coughed and had wheezy breathing. I was just reflecting on how since he has been born I have stayed home from church probably more than the rest of my life combined. I miss being there with everyone. At the same time, I love being here for my baby when he is so helpless and down in spirits. I love being with him when he's sick because there is so much cuddling and he is so relient on someone to be here for him. But it hurts my heart to see a little person who is normally full of energy and with such a positive disposition to be so helpless. To make it worse, I can't tell him it's Sunday either, because he would be so upset to miss church because he LOVES church. Usually when I ask him what he would like to do for fun on any given day he says he wants to go to children's church. Poor little guy. Now he has to wait until next week!

3 comments:

Marta said...

Hope Liam is feeling better! They can be so sweet and cuddly when they don't feel good, which I just love, but I hate for them to feel so bad!

Unknown said...

Bennett is sick this week, too. Which is doubly sad because today is his first birthday, and his party is tomorrow. Isn't it amazing how much snot a tiny little nose can generate?

I hope your sweet little Liam gets over the crud, but not the cuddling!

And I'm glad to hear that you've gotten to the feeling better stage of your pregnancy. I hope you're having a girl--I would love to have a teeny little Priscilla clone wandering around cute-ing up the place. You were the CUTEST, SWEETEST little girl--you need a mini-me!)

Just us 3 said...

Hey Guys,
How's everything? It looks like you are doing well, another baby coming? That's pretty exciting!

Things are good for Jess and I. We are still in Sacramento, and missing the Northwest, but loving life! God has definitely blessed us!

Talk to you later.

Chris

Followers